Top 10 Mobile App Development Trends
In recent years, mobile apps have greatly impacted our lives. It offers many potential for entrepreneurs and enterprises due to increased acceptability and usage. According to various experts, the mobile app development market is one of the fastest expanding, with no signs of slowing down in the next years.
Given the current state of modern technology and discoveries in our daily lives, it is possible to forecast that 2022 will undoubtedly be the year of mobile apps and both entrepreneurs. As a result, here are some of the most important mobile app development trends for 2022.
1. Brief on AR/VR:
Virtual reality (VR) and Augmented reality (AR) are two technologies changing how people interact with displays; to participate in new and exciting interactive experiences. Virtual reality immerses in a computer-generated environment that can be explored with a headset. On the other hand, augmented reality is a little different; Instead of transporting to a virtual world, it layers digital graphics of the real world around a clear visor or smartphone.
Looking around today, let’s see some examples of brands adopting AR/VR to improve user experience.
● In London’s Carnaby Street, Snapchat was introduced as a city painter. Users can use AR technology to spray paint murals over the stores on the street.
● Gucci was one of the first luxury labels to do so, with its app featuring an AR feature that allowed users to ‘try on sneakers.
● Customers may arrange events without needing to be physically there because of Marriott’s clever technology. Using virtual reality technology to bring the venue to the customer is a great method to increase sales.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are two popular topics in the tech industry. Artificial intelligence (AI) is a computer technology that allows it to replicate human behavior. Machine learning is an artificial intelligence that enables a machine to learn from past data without needing to be explicitly programmed. Artificial intelligence aims to develop a smart computer system that can solve complex problems in the same way humans can.
● Amazon Alexa is the best example of an AI-powered virtual assistant.
● Google Assistant is a voice-activated virtual assistant powered by AI that has made significant development. It’s one of the most advanced virtual assistants today.
● Cortana includes a feature that allows user to connect their Windows PC and smartphone so that the user can get notifications from their PC to their phone. Users can navigate their files, videos, and images using this programme. This can also be used to send emails, conduct research, and much more.
3. Mobile Cloud Computing:
Mobile cloud computing is an advanced technology in which cloud computing is used to create, administer, and manage apps for mobile phones. It involves the storage and management of data remotely. Users can then use the Internet to access this information. Even though this technology has been available for a while, its full potential is still to be achieved. With the introduction of this technology, there is better reliability, improved performance, and compatibility with the current technology. Mobile cloud computing represents the future of mobile app development due to its cost-effectiveness, increased battery life, data synchronization, and better processing speed.
This mobile app development trend is the key to smarter and innovative apps, from effectively storing data to expertly analyzing it. Developers and companies should keep this trend as they create cloud apps in 2022.
4. Digital Wallets:
It is a method of storing debit or credit card information in digital form on a mobile phone. Users can make purchases with the smartphone, tablet, or smartwatch instead of using a physical plastic card. Some of the most popular digital wallets are below:
● PayPal: PayPal is a digital wallet that allows users to send, receive, and manage money from one account. PayPal does not offer domestic payment services within India, but one can receive foreign currency using PayPal and make international payments.
● Google Pay: Users can link their credit and debit cards and their bank accounts to pay at checkout (both in-store and online) and send money to others using the app.
● Amazon Pay: Amazon Wallet was a mobile wallet application developed by Amazon for use at point-of-sale. It is an app that allows users to scan or fill in the information from their loyalty card, gift card, or membership card and keep it digitally.
5. The Era of 5G:
The 5G wireless cellular network is the most recent radio technology designed to provide high-speed performance. It’s not a more advanced version of 4G but a new technology that deserves to be discussed today. Mobile apps that run on 5G will give customers access to slashing technology like the Internet of Things (IoT), ultra HD media, cloud computing, and augmented and virtual reality (AR & VR).
5G will give artificial intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) applications a huge boost across various industries and use cases, thanks to its enormous capacity and ultra-low latency. More immersive games and improved shopping experiences will be among the changes that consumers will notice. Below are the 4 features of 5G that will affect mobile app development:
● Speed: 5G is expected to increase LTE in speed, as it is 100 times quicker than 4G.
● Latency: 5G has Ultra-Reliable Low Latency Communication (URLLC), which allows it to send data in milliseconds.
● Connectivity: Up to a million devices can connect to 5G. Increased connection density will make it easier to integrate IoT into mobile apps.
● Bandwidth: 5G is designed to work across various frequencies to provide an improved connection.
A foldable smartphone (sometimes called a foldable phone or just foldable) has a folding form factor. Multiple touchscreen panels are mounted on a hinge in some versions of the concept, while others utilize a flexible display. The Galaxy Fold series is a classic example of a foldable phone, with a phone that folds out to become a tablet. Shortly after that announcement, Huawei arrived on the scene and unveiled the Mate X, a foldable phone. Instead of glass, most foldable smartphones use flexible, plastic OLED displays.
In terms of mobile app industry developments, one can expect to see every mobile app development company include designing apps for foldable devices in their list of services. As a result, one of the main mobile app development trends in 2022 will be building apps with the screen in mind.
Wearable gadgets are electronic devices that must be carried by the user always. A smartwatch, headphones, a fitness tracker, and other gadgets are common examples. Wearables enable users to collect data in real-time and monitor their eating habits, routines, and overall health and well-being. Some of the common examples of wearable devices are below:
● Smart Ring: This is the appropriate tiny device for users who spend a lot of time in meetings or classes and don’t want to look at their phone’s screen whenever they get a notification. A smart ring allows users to get information without bringing attention to themselves, make contactless payments, and even open and lock one’s car’s front door. It has a long battery life, so charging it all the time isn’t a hassle.
● Smart Glasses: The term “smart glasses” refers to a device that uses appropriate technology to display a computer screen/display in front of a person’s eyes to provide data from a background information system. The display might be a separate component presented to the eyesight or projected/reflected on the glasses lens.
● Smart Shoes: These interactive smart sneakers assess health, fatigue, posture, steps, and calories to deliver tailored feedback and provide exact statistics for improving health and preventing injuries. It connects to Bluetooth 4.0 devices quickly and gives personalized instructions in real-time using a smartphone app.
8. Block chain:
A distributed ledger, or blockchain, is a global ledger that records transactions on thousands of computers worldwide. These are saved during a form that stops them from being changed afterwards. It is a distributed ledger because it keeps track of transactions across thousands of computers worldwide. These are saved during a form that prevents them from being changed afterwards. Additionally, because a blockchain is immutable, it protects against data manipulation. Till now, Blockchain Technology has been proven to be the most popular mobile application development technology for the year 2022.
IoT allows mobile apps to interface directly with physical items, turning smartphones into universal remote controllers that can communicate with nearly any connected gadget on the planet. The advantages of IoT-based mobile applications include:
• Data gathering and analytical capabilities.
• Remote working infrastructure.
• Reduced human effort.
• Workplace safety.
• Data security.
• Improved customer experience.
Many current buyers want to buy smart electronic equipment that can be operated via specifically developed IoT applications from their smartphones. Apart from communicating with IoT hardware, IoT apps are typically created intelligently using AI-ML capabilities that provide predictive insights and fully adapt the user experience for every industry based on use cases. Besides software updates available in typical Mobile Apps, the IoT mobile application allows users to upgrade the Firmware in linked hardware with a single click. Because most IoT devices have Firmware over the Air (FOTA) functionality, IoT mobile apps are always built to allow users to update their IoT hardware whenever an update is issued.
Beacons are low-energy Bluetooth transmitters that provide signals to other nearby smart devices. Our native, branded car wash mobile app, and website platform is the most comprehensive car wash marketing and sales platform on the market today. For mobile apps, beacons are the greatest proximity marketing devices. By delivering real-time offers to consumers based on location, beacons may make the in-app adverts and promotional campaigns more accurate and engaging.
The Beacon App is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. The Eddy stone beacon app and iBeacon app are the most widely used. In addition, technology has been implemented in practically every industry, including hospitality, health care, and retail.
The mobile app sector will continue to evolve at a rapid pace. Mobile app solutions will continue to be driven by emerging mobile app development technologies, rising backend platforms, microservices, and new hardware capabilities. The Google Play Store and the Apple App Store both have a total of 6.63 million apps. So, to ensure the users have seen your software, one must keep up with the current mobile application development trends to create a robust, feature-rich application. Elsner has successfully kept up with those trends and effectively worked according to the ongoing trends of mobile application developments.