Advantages and Disadvantages of Ionic App Development
What is an Ionic Platform?
Let see the overview of some advantages and disadvantages from business owner and developers perspective:
Advantages of using the Ionic mobile app development:
- This helps in cutting the cost of business development. As you do no need to hire an expert for different platforms or train them for new technologies. Ionic app development services have well-known technologies.
- The platform saves time as developers need to develop a one app based using simple web technologies.
- Ionic framework has a wide range of UI components and plugins to give a professional look to your applications
- Hire Ionic App Developers to use the best of their detailed documentation
- It does not require knowledge of every programming language to build a mobile application
Disadvantages of using the Ionic Mobile App Development:
- Developers need to work on the security for both native app and website
- A native application developed in its programming language will be faster when compared to the Ionic application.
- It won’t be a good choice it you are planning to build a video game
- Ionic developers need to handle the security problems for native apps and web
Pros of using the Ionic Mobile App Development Platform
Single Codebase for different Platforms
- Reduces the cost on development, codebase maintenance, and hiring native developers
- It increases the time-to-market on both the platforms
- It has built-in debugging tools and browser instruments that eases the maintenance
- It allows the transformation of an Ionic application into a PWA or desktop application
Usage of Popular Technologies
Hire Ionic App Developers that have expertise in the native development as Ionic do not compile the whole application into native language. It compiles the UI elements using Cordova which is a native bridge for the functionalities. It makes the development and maintenance of the application simple using the web technology stack.
Integration of Plugins
It gives Ionic app development services freedom to integrate the Ionic application with many tools. The developers can look at the list of technologies that can be integrated on the Ionic website. It also provides access to the payment systems, testing, analytical instruments, and security tools.
It has a collection of plugins that can be integrated into the device’s hardware. Some plugins might be available at a certain price which might be listed as premier plugins and tools.
Easy Testing of Ionic Applications
If the Ionic application is working using a Review then the device’s browser can be used to test the application. This is a very convenient method as it does not require any testing device to make sure that your Ionic application runs smoothly. Browsers also offer built-in debugging and testing tools to make the process more accessible.
Cons of using the Ionic Mobile App Development Platform
Ionic lacks the suitability when it comes to the performance of heavy applications. The applications with augmented reality or heavy graphics may crash when developed using the Ionic framework. The main reason that lies behind this is that Ionic renders its graphic elements through a browser which performs several steps to display images on the screen. So if you are still planning to build a high-performance application using Ionic then research on performance optimization strategies to get better results.
Dependency on Plugins
Even the Ionic app development services will agree that they are bound to use the plugins to get access of the native functionalities. In some cases you will be unable to find a relevant plugin in the Ionic tool set. You will need to Hire Ionic App Developers to develop a plugin for highly specific features and functions.
Hot Reloading not Available
The Ionic platform uses different techniques to add changes into the application code. Hot reloading is considered as an essential feature in the software engineering sector. As it allows applying changes without reloading the whole application.
Wrapping it up!
You have read the advantages and disadvantages of using the Ionic framework for your development. In the end it is essential to have the right Ionic app development company to support your application and resolve issues on-time.